After pregnancy, expect that you will retain some extra pounds and this is the main reason why a lot new mothers are very eager to learn how to lose weight after having a baby. You have to consider many things about weight loss; however, you should not lose hope because you can follow a lot of methods and ways to get rid of the pounds you’ve retained after giving birth. If you gained weight after pregnancy, you are probably disappointed and are in such a hurry to learn how to lose weight after having a baby.
Why do women gain weight after they give birth? There are many reasons for this but one of the most common is that the pregnancy weight of the baby, placenta, amniotic fluid, and others are being replaced with pregnancy fluid. This is especially true for those who have lots of IV fluids on their labor stage. If you are one of these women, fret not because these fluids will be gone 2 to 3 weeks after you give birth through frequent perspiration and urination.
What about those women who gained unwanted weight after they give birth? Well, in such case, they really have to know how to lose weight after having a baby. Read on and follow the tips below:
- Drink plenty of water everyday. At least 10 to 15 glasses a day is recommended. Do this to replace high sugar beverages such as juices and sodas. It is also a good idea to drink flavored seltzer water without calories. By doing this, you can easily cut out lots of calories each day.
- Forget about unhealthy junk foods. Never ever touch them.
- Do not eat fatty meats. As much as possible, choose the leanest cut of meat like boneless chicken and lean beef cuts.
- Experts suggest eating whole grain food like breads, pastas, and cereals.
- When buying groceries, avoid going to the non-fat section as you may be tempted to buy them.
- Fast food meals are a big NO for those who want to learn how to lose weight after having a baby..
- Once you’ve recovered, start engaging into light and easy exercises like walking for ten to fifteen minutes a day with your baby. If you think you are even better, increase the duration to 20 minutes or even more.
- Breastfeeding is not only good for your baby; it is also good for burning up your fat deposits. Do you know that 500 calories per day are burned just by breastfeeding alone?
- If you are really concerned about how to lose weight after having a baby, consider participating in an exercise or fitness program. It is also a good idea to trade your babysitting hours with a family member or friends so you can workout or exercise. If not, find a gym that offers babysitting services.
Gaining weight after pregnancy is normal and it’s not something to be worried about. You will definitely learn how to lose weight after having a baby especially if you are eager and decided. Just remember to have enough patience and discipline to really achieve weight loss.